- Stay connected
- Stay informed
- Take charge of your professional journey
BeTTR Hour is a series of one-hour online sessions focused on the things that matter for Early Career Teachers (ECTs) covering topics such as trauma informed practice, quality task design, assessment, wellbeing and more, with opportunities to connect with fellow ECTs and to ask questions.
The topics relate to the Professional Standards for Teachers and will reflect and augment those covered in the Meeting the Standards Induction program.
BeTTR Hour is for ECTs in their first four years of practice and will be held twice per term on Wednesdays at 3pm – 4pm. Participants can enrol in individual sessions, or the whole series.
- Wednesday 12 May – Session 1: Getting your head around SARIS, Edi, EduPoint and everything else – Ben Wilson: Assistant Principal New Town High
- Wednesday 16 June – Session 2: What I wish I knew about Trauma Informed Practice – Grant Maynard: Respectful Schools Support Leader
- Wednesday 28 July – Session 3: Assessment: the search for evidence of learning – Dr Patrick Griffin: Emeritus Professor, University of Melbourne
- Wednesday 8 September – Session 4: How can Aboriginal Education Services help me to help all my students? – AES staff
- Wednesday 13 October – Session 5: Why does ice melt? (quality task design) – Rose Anderson: PEO Australian Curriculum, Science
- Wednesday 10 November – Session 6: The third space (wellbeing) – Dr Adam Fraser
Participants in this program will:
- deepen knowledge and understanding of relevant topics that support early career teachers to increase impact for learners
- build a professional learning network with early career teachers
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
This one hour session will be delivered Online between 3:00pm – 4:00pm.
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
- Session 1 – Wednesday 12 May 2021
- Session 2 – Wednesday 16 June 2021
- Session 3 – Wednesday 28 July 2021
- Session 4 – Wednesday 8 September 2021
- Session 5 – Wednesday 13 October 2021
- Session 6 – Wednesday 10 November 2021