Would you like to intentionally plan dynamic learning sequences that cater for students’ needs, passions and abilities?
The English Learning Area Planning Guides will support you to manage the Australian Curriculum and design units which have depth, rigour and richness.
The workshop will focus on:
- unpacking the Achievement Standards to develop quality assessment tasks
- sparking curiosity with the Possible Questions to Explore
- connecting with the Australian Curriculum – Big Ideas and Key Understandings
- embedding the general capabilities and cross curriculum priorities as well as integrating other learning areas where appropriate.
As a result of engaging in this program, participants will:
- know how to use the Learning Area Planning Guides to inform unit level planning and manage the Australian Curriculum to progress learning
- understand the possibilities of incorporating the three dimensions of the Australian Curriculum
- create purposeful units
- collaborate, share and evaluate planning.
This program will involve two one hour online sessions.
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
This program runs across two online sessions.
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
2 Hour Online Sessions – 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Tuesday 10 August 2021
- Monday 30 August 2021