Would you like to intentionally plan dynamic learning sequences that cater for students’ needs, passions and abilities?
The English Learning Area Planning Guides will support you to manage the Australian Curriculum and design units which have depth, rigour and richness.
The workshop will focus on:
- unpacking the Achievement Standards to develop quality assessment tasks
- sparking curiosity with the Possible Questions to Explore
- connecting with the Australian Curriculum – Big Ideas and Key Understandings
- embedding the general capabilities and cross curriculum priorities as well as integrating other learning areas where appropriate.
As a result of engaging in this program, participants will:
- know how to use the Learning Area Planning Guides to inform unit level planning and manage the Australian Curriculum to progress learning
- understand the possibilities of incorporating the three dimensions of the Australian Curriculum
- create purposeful units catering for your context
- collaborate, share and evaluate planning.
This program will involve a one day face to face workshop with a follow up online session which will be held after school later in the year.
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Leading teaching and learning
1 Day Program – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
South – Professional Learning Institute – Hobart
Term 2 – Friday 7 May 2021
North – Tailrace – Launceston
Term 2 – Wednesday 5 May 2021
North West – Burnie Arts and Function Centre – Burnie
Term 2 – Tuesday 4 May 2021