Participants will learn about common behaviours and profiles associated with gifted learners. Many common misunderstandings about gifted learners will be investigated. Best practice principles for school leaders to establish optimal conditions for gifted students to thrive will be explored. Methods of identification and use of student data will be examined and linked to the creation of effective learning plans. High leverage teaching strategies linked to the Australian Curriculum and DoE Procedures will illustrate how exciting possibilities can be created to engage and challenge gifted learners. Demonstration of Gifted Online courses will be available. There will also be time to implement knowledge acquired during the day to design learning plans and inspiring learning opportunities for students. An awareness of possible community resources and networks will be established with ongoing access to research and professional learning materials.
Relief is provided for teachers in DECYP schools of early entry students in kindergarten or prep.
- improve their understanding of gifted learners across year levels.
- Learn how to recognise/identify and plan effectively for gifted students using the Australian Curriculum.
- Develop an understanding of student data through the use of school psychologist reports and data held on Edi and SSS.
- Evaluate the culture and programs available in their school with illustrations of best practices to improve the current status.
- Understand how to create learning plans linked directly to student data, parent information and student’s voice.
- Interpret current DoE procedures and understand possibilities for highly gifted students.
- Develop and grow their awareness of DoE and community resources for engaging gifted learners.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- Leading teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Engaging and working with the community
This program will take place online and in person from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
South – Professional Learning Institute
- Friday 14 June 2024
- Friday 14 June 2024