Participants will learn about common behaviours and profiles associated with gifted learners. Many common misunderstandings about gifted learners will be investigated. Best practice principles for school leaders to establish optimal conditions for gifted students to thrive will be explored. Methods of identification and use of student data will be examined and linked to the creation of effective learning plans. High leverage teaching strategies linked to the Australian Curriculum and DoE Procedures will illustrate how exciting possibilities can be created to engage and challenge gifted learners. Demonstration of Gifted Online courses will be available. There will also be time to implement knowledge acquired during the day to design learning plans and inspiring learning opportunities for students. An awareness of possible community resources and networks will be established with ongoing access to research and professional learning materials.
- Participants will improve their understanding of gifted learners across year levels.
- Learn how to recognise/identify and plan effectively for gifted students using the Australian Curriculum.
- Develop and understanding of student data through the use of school psychologist reports and data held on Edi and SSS.
- Evaluate the culture and programs available in their school with illustrations of best practice to improve the current status.
- Understand how to create learning plans linked directly to student data, parent information and student voice.
- Interpret current DoE procedures and understand possibilities for highly gifted students.
- Develop and grow their awareness of DoE and community resources for engaging gifted learners.
Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Leading teaching and learning
Developing self and others
Leading improvement, innovation and change
1 Day Workshop – 9:00am to 3:00pm
North-West – paranaple convention centre, Devonport
- Tuesday 22 March 2022
North – Tailrace Centre, Launceston
- Wednesday 23 March 2022
South – Professional Learning Institute, Glenorchy
- Friday 25 March 2022