At last, there are quality texts by Tasmanian Aboriginal authors that you can use to add an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspective in your classroom! This session will look closely at three texts:
Sea Country by Aunty Patsy Cameron, luwa tara, luwa waypa by Dave Gough and Born into This by Adam Thompson.
In deepening your understanding of these texts, you will feel confident to use them with your students.
- Have a deeper understanding of Tasmanian Aboriginal texts and how they work
- Discover ways to use them in the classroom
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn,
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it,
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning,
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments,
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Leading teaching and learning,
- Developing self and others,
- Leading improvement, innovation and change,
- Engaging and working with the community
1-hour session being delivered online.
Online session – 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
Term 1 (2024)
- Tuesday 5 March 2024
Term 3 (2024)
- Tuesday 30 July 2024