This self-paced online course covers the fundamentals and key information of how toddlers and young children progress through the stages of gross motor development. It also covers strategies and ideas for implementing this knowledge into learning programs.
The course comprises of videos, quizzes, discussion boards and resources. A printable workbook is included along with follow up support form the Early Learning Team.
Participants will deepen their understanding of:
- the foundations of movement development
- developmental pathways and markers for children 2 – 5 years of age
- areas for concern or ‘red flags’
- the role of the educator in supporting gross motor development (including environments, pedagogy, oral language, critical thinking and working in partnership)
- resources available to support working with children and families
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- Leading teaching and learning,
- Engaging and working with the community
Enrolled participants will be sent a link to the Canvas Course.