This self-paced online course covers the fundamentals and key information of how babies and toddlers progress through the stages of gross motor development. It also covers strategies and ideas for implementing this knowledge into learning programs.
The course comprises of videos, quizzes, discussion boards and resources. A printable workbook is included along with follow up support from the Early Learning Team and a certificate of completion.
Allow a total of 5 hours to complete.
Participants will deepen their understanding of:
- the foundations of movement development
- developmental pathways and markers for children 0 -2 years of age
- areas for concern or ‘red flags’
- the role of the educator in supporting gross motor development (including environments, pedagogy, links to the EYLF and working in partnership)
- resources available to support working with children and families
Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Leading teaching and learning
Engaging and working with the community
Enrolled participants will be sent a link to the Canvas Course