Immersive Virtual Reality made easy for Science Teachers is a one-day workshop that provides teachers hands-on professional learning experiences with regard to using immersive virtual reality (iVR) technology for scientific inquiry.
Based on proven cases, participants will readily understand iVR’s application to teaching and learning Science. No prior experience in using VR is necessary.
By engaging in this workshop, participants will:
- Readily understand how iVR can be used practically and powerfully to engage teachers and students in authentic science inquiry
- Be able to use ‘pre-made’ and ‘self-created’ content – 360 images, 360 Video, plus Multi Media files – in the design, production and evaluation of an iVR Science Inquiry
- Create quality STEM learning tasks using Version 9 of the Australian Curriculum – Science
- Be enabled to use iVR as a powerful digital learning technology with opportunity to become involved in a supported pilot program in 2023
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
1 Day Program – 9:30am – 3:00pm
Campbell Town Recreation Ground
Wednesday 30 November 2022