This program is for educators working in Kindergartens.
This professional learning will support Kindergarten educators to build their understanding of early literacy and the role of the Kindergarten teacher in its development.
Using the DECYP Phonics Scope and Sequence and its resources, participants will build their knowledge of:
- phonological and phonemic awareness
- concepts of print and the alphabetic principle
- explicit teaching to support early literacy.
- increase their pedagogical content knowledge.
- become proficient in using the DECYP Phonics Scope and Sequence.
- build curriculum knowledge and understand the progression of learning in early literacy.
- plan, teach and reflect on explicit literacy lessons.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn,
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it,
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
This program is delivered in a two-day face-to-face mode. Participants are required to attend both face-to-face sessions. It will be delivered 4 times across the state with a single enrolment for each region. The South region has two options, participants only need to enrol in one of them.
South session 1 – Professional Learning Institute, Glenorchy
- Tuesday 19th March 2024
- Wednesday 12th June 2024
North-West – Venue TBA
- Thursday 21st March 2024
- Wednesday 19th June 2024
North – Tailrace Centre
- Tuesday 28th May 2024
- Tuesday 20th August 2024
South session 2 – Professional Learning Institute, Glenorchy
- Thursday 30th May 2024
- Thursday 22nd August 2024