From Gumnuts to Buttons is a visual and interactive simulation activity to assist learners to gain understanding and empathy for the history of the Tasmanian Aboriginal community.
This workshop will show participants how to lead From Gumnuts to Buttons independently.
- learn how to deliver From Gumnuts to Buttons with their learners to help their understanding of, and respect for, First Nations Australians histories and cultures
- know important events in the history of lutruwita
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Leading teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
1 hour session delivered online – 3:30pm – 4:30pm
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
- Thursday 3 November 2022