‘From Gumnuts to Buttons’ is an interactive and hands-on activity to assist learners to gain understanding and empathy for the history of the Tasmanian Aboriginal community.
This session will show participants how to lead ‘From Gumnuts to Buttons’ with your learners.
Participants will learn how to deliver ‘From Gumnuts to Buttons’ with learners to help their understanding of, and respect for, local First Nations histories and cultures.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn,
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it,
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning,
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments,
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Leading teaching and learning,
- Developing self and others,
- Leading improvement, innovation and change,
- Engaging and working with the community
1-hour session delivered online – 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
Term 2 (2024)
- Thursday 27 June 2024