Online Induction for early career teachers in Term 2
- Stay connected
- Stay informed
- Take charge of your professional journey
This series of online sessions focuses on the things that matter for early career teachers covering topics such as understanding the Trauma Informed Good Practice Teaching Guide, and managing challenging behaviours with opportunities to connect with fellow ECTs and to ask questions.
The program offers a series of one-hour sessions to support further professional learning and encourage early career teachers to meet and stay in touch.
The topics relate to the Professional Standards for Teachers and will reflect and augment those covered in the Meeting the Standards Induction program due to commence in Term 3.
Session 1: Understanding the Trauma Informed Good Practice Teaching Guide
Session 2: Drop in and connect session. What’s on your mind?
Session 3: Managing challenging behaviours
Session 4: Drop in and connect session. What’s on your mind?
Participants in this program will:
- deepen knowledge and understanding of relevant topics that support early career teachers to increase impact for learners
- build a professional learning network with early career teachers
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
These 1 hour sessions will be delivered online.
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
Online – 3:15pm – 4:15pm
Session One – Understanding the Trauma Informed Good Practice Teaching Guide
- Wednesday 25 May 2022
- Thursday 26 May 2022 (repeated)
Session Two – Drop in and connect session. What’s on your mind?
- Wednesday 1 June 2022
Session Three – Managing challenging behaviours
- Wednesday 8 June 2022
- Thursday 9 June 2022 (repeated)
Session Four – Drop in and connect session. What’s on your mind?
- Wednesday 15 June2022