This professional learning program is designed to increases school leaders’ knowledge, skills and capabilities to embed professional learning communities (PLCs) as a means for improving teaching quality and student outcomes and ensuring sustained school and system improvement. The program is delivered through a blended approach where participants will engage in face-to face forum days, an on-line survey, on-line and in-school coaching and school-based inquiry.
Forum days focus on the following topics.
- PLCs – What they are and what they are not
- Developing high levels of collaboration
- 12 Actions to guide the work of collaborative teams
- Review day – learning together, sharing and celebrating progress, identifying next steps
- understanding what a PLC is and how a PLC can sustain school and system improvement
- developing the knowledge and skills to create a strong professional culture characterised by shared norms and values, a focus on student learning, collaboration and reflective inquiry
- recognising and knowing how to establish the conditions that support a vibrant and productive professional community
- building skills, confidence and experience in using evidence about student outcomes to continually improve professional knowledge and practice.
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
South – Professional Learning Institute – 9:00am – 3:30pm
Day 3 – Friday 29 July 2021
Day 4 – Tuesday 19 October 2021