Progressing to Full Registration Workshop
This workshop is designed to support teachers in their Progress to Full Registration and will support teachers to reflect on their practice, understand their impact on student learning and learn how to evidence practice using the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APSTs).
The Standards are a public statement of what constitutes teacher quality. They define the work of teachers and make explicit the elements of high-quality effective teaching in contemporary schools that will improve educational outcomes for students. The Standards provide a framework that makes clear the knowledge, practice and professional engagement required across teachers’ careers.
Progressing to full registration is a significant milestone in a teacher’s professional growth from the Graduate to Proficient career stage of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (the Teacher Standards). Educators with full registration are established as reflective, experienced, collegial members of the teaching profession.
This targeted workshop introduces the registration process, from mapping and gathering a portfolio of evidence to reflecting on classroom practice. The workshop is designed to simplify applying for full registration by using a step-by-step process to guide teachers through the necessary stages of creation and application.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Further develop their knowledge and understanding of the Standards
- Be able to identify areas of strength, and for professional development
- Know how to reflect on practice, and document practice against the Standards.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Participants have a choice to enrol in 1 session only, in either Term 1, 2, 3 or 4
Professional Learning Institute – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Term 1: Friday, 22 March 2024
- Term 2: Friday, 28 June 2024
- Term 3: Friday, 06 September 2024
- Term 4: Friday, 29 November 2024
Tailrace Centre – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Term 1: Wednesday, 20 March 2024
- Term 2: Wednesday, 26 June 2024
- Term 3: Wednesday, 04 September 2024
- Term 4: Wednesday, 27 November 2024
TBC – Burnie Central Townhouse – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Term 1: Tuesday, 19 March 2024
- Term 2: Tuesday, 25 June 2024
- Term 3: Tuesday, 03 September 2024
- Term 4: Tuesday, 26 November 2024