‘Mentoring provides a powerful opportunity to improve students’ learning outcomes through teachers learning with and from each other.’ (Department of Education and Early Childhood Victoria, 2010)
Quality Mentoring is designed for teachers new to the role of mentor.
This program will prepare teachers who are mentoring Professional Experience students (UTAS), Early Career Teachers and Provisionally Registered teachers moving to full registration in 2022.
This one day workshop will be an introduction to the knowledge and skills required for effective mentoring and how mentoring can build teacher capacity.
Participants will have the opportunity to contribute to a professional learning community for mentors and aligning their practice to the Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher career stages.
Please note: relief is available to attend this 1 day program.
Participants in this program will develop a deeper understanding of:
- the role of a mentor and what is mentoring
- effective questioning and active listening
- how to reflect on teacher practice using the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- the importance of continuous professional growth for improved student outcomes.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
1 Day Program – 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Tuesday 8 March 2022 (CANCELLED due to COVID-19)
- Wednesday 9 March 2022 (CANCELLED due to COVID-19)
- Friday 11 March 2022 (CANCELLED due to COVID-19)