This workshop will focus on designing quality tasks in Science using the Australian Curriculum. Participants will learn how to use the achievement standards to design tasks for teaching, learning, and assessing their students. They will explore how to use the different elements of the Australian curriculum that can be used to plan for learning that provide opportunities for students to achieve above and well above standard:
- achievement standard
- content descriptions
- general capabilities
- cross-curriculum priorities.
The workshop is delivered as a three online sessions from 3:30-4:30pm on 7, 14 and 21 June 2022
By engaging in this workshop, participants will:
- deepen their understanding of the achievement standards of the Australian Curriculum
- understand how the different elements of the Australian Curriculum can be used to assess the full breadth of the achievement standards
- build their capacity to create quality tasks.
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Online sessions – 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
This series of 1 hour sessions will be delivered online.
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
- Tuesday 7 June 2022
- Tuesday 14 June 2022
- Tuesday 21 June 2022