How can I best use Reciprocal Reading to support my learners?
Through two online workshops, Julie Shepherd will support participants to understand how Reciprocal Reading can help independent readers develop increasingly sophisticated reading skills. As participants implement and reflect on their learning within their school context, further support will be available from Lead Quality Teaching Coaches.
Structure of the Inquiry Learning Partnership (ILP):
- The Quality Teaching Coach – Literacy and an additional member of staff are encouraged to enrol to enable collaboration throughout the ILP
- Three spaced online webinars facilitated by Julie Shepherd
- Participants engage in readings and actions between webinars
- Ongoing support through online sessions facilitated by the Lead Quality Teaching Coaches – Literacy.
- know how to build Reciprocal Reading into the teaching and learning program.
- understand how Reciprocal Reading can be used to support all learners.
- collaborate in a cycle of reflection, planning and action in relation to current and new learning.
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
This session will be delivered Online – 3:15pm – 4:30pm
- Tuesday 28 July 2021
- Wednesday 15 September 2021