How can I best use Guided Reading to support my learners?
Through three online workshops Julie Shepherd will support participants to understand focused teaching within the Guided Reading process. Participants will:
- consider the implementation of Guided Reading within a Readers’ Workshop mode
- examine assessment opportunities and refinements to practice.
As participants implement and reflect on their learning within their school context, further support will be available from Lead Quality Teaching Coaches.
Structure of the Inquiry Learning Partnership (ILP):
- The Quality Teaching Coach – Literacy and an additional member of staff are encouraged to enrol to enable collaboration throughout the ILP
- Three spaced online webinars facilitated by Julie Shepherd
- Participants engage in readings and actions between webinars
- Ongoing support through online sessions facilitated by the Lead Quality Teaching Coaches – Literacy.
- know how to build Guided Reading into the teaching and learning program.
- understand how Guided Reading can be used to support all learners.
- collaborate in a cycle of reflection, planning and action in relation to current and new learning.
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
This is a 3 session program. Each session will be delivered Online – 3:15pm – 4:30pm
- Wednesday 25 August 2021
- Wednesday 8 September 2021
- Wednesday 27 October 2021