All Forums are subject to DECYP travel restrictions and health advice.
All schools are required to have a representative at the Support Teacher Forums. The forums provide professional learning to enable Support Teachers to fulfil the primary duties outlined in the Frequently Asked Questions document. The forums also provide an opportunity for the dissemination of system messages in relation to support for students with a disability. Teachers accessing professional learning will have access to a range of online resources, tools and templates available through the department’s virtual learning environment.
Participants will gain:
- an increased understanding of educational adjustments
- inclusive teaching and whole school practices
- the importance of quality differentiation
- documenting learning programs in personalised learning plans
- elevating school-wide policies and practices to best support students with disability.
They will have the opportunity to reflect, share, refine or create strategies, individually and with colleagues, that build on their practice strengths to support school staff in teaching for diversity through optimal learning opportunities for students with disability.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
4-Day Face-to-Face Program – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
South – Blundstone Arena, Bellerive
- Wednesday 8 March & Thursday 9 March 2023 – Blundstone Arena, Bellerive
- Wednesday 24 May & Thursday 25 May 2023- Elwick Functions Centre, Goodwood
- Wednesday 23 August & Thursday 24 August 2023 – Elwick Functions Centre, Goodwood
- Wednesday 1 November & Thursday 2 November 2023 – Blundstone Arena, Bellerive
North – Tailrace Centre, Launceston
- Tuesday 7 March 2023
- Tuesday 23 May 2023
- Tuesday 22 August 2023
- Tuesday 31 October 2023
North-West – Penguin Community Learning Centre, Penguin district School.
- Monday 6 March 2023
- Monday 22 May 2023
- Monday 21 August 2023
- Monday 30 October 2023