The Department of Education in partnership with the University of Tasmania invite early career teachers to attend an online welcome to the profession of teaching prior to the start of the 2022 school year. This is an opportunity for early career teachers to learn about what it means to be a quality teacher within Tasmania’s public education system. The online welcome session will provide participants with access to system level information ahead of commencement in a school, and the chance to learn from educators who have completed their first year in a classroom. Participants will build their professional network and understand the support available from the Department as they progress from Graduate to Proficient within their first four years of teaching.
DoE Enrolments –
Please complete the attached External – Enrolment – Form
Participants in this program will;
- deepen knowledge and understanding of the system priorities
- understand the support provided for early career teachers in the Department of Education
- build a professional learning network with early career teachers.
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Online Program – 10:00am – 1:00pm