Expressions of Interest for the Teacher Intern Placement Program for 2024 are now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with general enquiries.
The Teacher Intern Placement Program (TIPP) provides University of Tasmania (UTAS) teacher education students with the opportunity to undertake their final year of study while based full-time in a Tasmanian public education school.
TIPP scholarships (minimum $30,000) are awarded to UTAS teacher education students who demonstrate academic, personal and professional aptitude for quality teaching.
Click on the brochures below for further information.
Expressions of Interest closing Sunday 28th May.
The TIPP provides participants the opportunity work alongside experienced teachers (mentors) and embed practical teaching skills into their final year of study. Successful completion of the TIPP in 2024 guarantees a permanent teaching position with the Department in 2025.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Expressions of interest for 2024 are now closed. Please contact email@example.com