This program is for P-2 teachers and ESS who have completed ‘The Basics’ phonics course. It will consolidate and build on the key concepts delivered in the basics course and support teachers to plan explicitly for their current students.
This connects with three of the four Quality Teaching – Expectations for very teacher:
• Know their students and where they are in their learning (data and evidence)
• Use effective informed practices for teaching(pedagogy)
• Reflect on the impact of teaching and student learning (collaborative inquiry)
Using the DECYP Phonics Scope and Sequence and its resources in conjunction with the expectations of Lifting Literacy – The Reading Priority, this program will support teachers to build their skills to deliver explicit and systematic phonics instruction.
- increase their pedagogical content knowledge.
- build capacity to know their students and monitor learning.
- reflect on practice in this area.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
This 12-hour program will run face-to-face
Term 2 and Term 3
South – Professional Learning Institute- 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Thursday 13 June 2024
- Thursday 15 August 2024
North-West – paranaple Convention Centre– 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Tuesday 18 June 2024
- Tuesday 13 August 2024