The histories, traditions and cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their experiences of injustices following colonisation are largely unknown. However, there is a growing momentum among Australians to develop a fuller understanding and awareness of First Nations’ histories and cultures.
Truth-Telling is not a way to seek confrontation about the past. It is a positive pathway to a different, shared future. Join us to learn more.
- strengthen knowledge about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and culture
- understand the concept of truth-telling – what it means for us in Lutruwita/ Tasmania, what it means for us as teachers and what it might mean for learners
- develop skills to embed truth-telling in your teaching
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
1 Hour Online session – 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
- Monday 6 March 2023
- Wednesday 17 May 2023
- Thursday 31 August 2023
- Wednesday 1 November 2023