This online workshop will support the implementation of Communicating Learning Progress with Families for P – 6 School Leaders and Teachers.
Canvas is the Department’s supported platform to share evidences of learning with families. It can be tailored to your school’s processes and set up, so all teachers have a simple process to collect and share evidences of learning with families. Canvas also includes version 9 Australian Curriculum achievement statements so teachers can easily track their student’s progress in a safe learning environment.
During this online professional learning we will unpack the ways Canvas can enable sharing evidence of learning with families in the Primary years and the support available for schools to implement Canvas.
Note: Participants will be added to the P – 10 Yammer community for updates of upcoming professional learning and resources (you can unsubscribe anytime here
Participants will understand:
- The possibilities of Canvas and the support available for schools to share evidence of learning through Canvas.
- How canvas provides a safe learning environment to share evidence of learning with families
- How to provide and track feedback and assessments against version 9 of the Australian Curriculum in Canvas
- How parents can be added into Canvas
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning,
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environmentns
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents,/carers and the community
- Leading teaching and learning
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Leading the management of the school
This 1-hour session will be delivered online. The session is repeated so you can choose any of the two available sessions.
- Monday 13 February 2023 – 11:00 am – 12:00 m.
- Monday 06 March 2023 (repeat session) – 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the session. This session will be recorded and available on the TLC.