Integrated STEM learning is the intentional interdisciplinary approach to learning where the curriculum from the learning areas of Science, Technologies, and Mathematics is used to solve real- world problems.
This program provides teachers with the capacity and tools to plan and implement Integrated STEM learning in their classrooms.
Participants have a choice of three spaced hour-long online sessions in Terms 1 and 2 or one full day face to face workshop in Term 3.
By engaging in this professional learning participants will:
• know how to plan for and implement integrated STEM learning using the Engineering Design Process
• understand the relevance of integrated STEM learning to solving real-world problems
• learn ways to excite and activate critical thinking in students through real-world problem-solving.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Participants have a choice of three spaced hour-long online sessions
Time for all three sessions: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Day 1: Wednesday, 29 March 2023
- Day 2: Wednesday, 03 May 2023
- Day 3: Wednesday, 31 May 2023
The link to the online meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
The face-to-face option is a state-wide program to be held in Campbell Town Recreation Ground
Tuesday, 19 September 2023 / 9:30 am to 3:00 pm.