Working with Interpreters- a practical guide to working with interpreters in DECYP.
The PL session will cover DECYP policy requirements, when to use an interpreter, the role of an interpreter, how to use an interpreter, types of interpreters, assessing the need for an interpreter and planning when working with an interpreter.
Participants will better understand the protocols and practical procedures associated with using an interpreter to ensure that students and their parents/carers receive essential information and allows dialogue between all those involved in students’ education and wellbeing.
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- Developing self and others,
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Engaging and working with the community
30 minutes Online session.
- Tuesday, 28 November 2023 (3:15 pm – 3:45 pm)
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.