Aboriginal Education Services look forward to supporting teachers to understand why all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students are required to have Learning Plans.
Participants will be empowered to develop aspirational Learning Plans to support the learning, achievement and wellbeing of First Nations students.
- understand why Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander learners require Learning Plans
- know the Department for Education Learning Plan expectations
- be able to write aspirational academic goals for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander learners
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn,
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it,
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Leading teaching and learning
- Developing self and others,
- Leading improvement, innovation and change,
- Engaging and working with the community
This 1-hour session is being delivered online.
Online Session – 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
- Wednesday 13 March 2024